Editor's Picks(1-4 of 12)
Booming Indian Economy offering huge investment options for NRIs
The country's strong fundamentals such as a growing middle class population, cost competitiveness and strong domestic consumption have made it a preferred destination for MNCs from across the world.
Being the world's largest democracy with over 1.2 billion people means a plethora of business opportunities for its people. The country also offers innumerable investment opportunities for NRIs. Combined with young skilled manpower along with a well established judicial and stable government conducive to business, are all positive points towards India's business potential.
Additionally, strong growth across diverse parameters like being the 2nd most attractive FDI destination, steady Infrastructure & GDP growth and being one of the largest economies of the world reinforce the strength of India's economy. All this translates to the availability of new investment opportunities for NRIs in India spanning all sectors of the Indian economy.
The various key investment sectors in India offering lucrative business opportunities are Aerospace & Defence, Automotive, Banking, Capital markets, Life Sciences, Information Technology, Insurance, Media & Entertainment, Mining & Metals, Oil and Gas, Ports, Power and Utilities, Real Estate, Retail and consumer products, Roads and highways, and Telecommunications.
Growth Potential in key sectors
Indian tax climate is considered to be reasonably favourable and India has continued to be an attractive investment destination, according to a survey conducted by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ltd (Deloitte).The investment sectors in India are witnessing new heights in terms of contribution both from the domestic front as well as from the foreign land.
- The pharmaceutical market of India is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14-17 per cent over 2012-16 and is now ranked among the top five pharmaceutical emerging markets globally
- India's IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) sector exports are expected to increase by 12-14 per cent in FY14 to touch US$ 84 billion - US$ 87 billion, as per National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom)
- Indian manufacturing and natural resources industry plans to spend Rs 40,800 crore (US$ 7.53 billion) on IT products and services in 2013, a growth of 9.1 per cent over 2012, according to Gartner. The telecommunications category remains the biggest spending category and it is forecast to reach Rs 13,200 crore (US$ 2.43 billion) in 2013
- The electronic system design and manufacturing (ESDM) sector of India is projected to reach US$ 94.2 billion by 2015 from US$ 64.6 billion in 2011, according to a report by the India Semiconductor Association (ISA) and Frost & Sullivan
- The luxury car market of India is set for growth over the medium and long term, according to Mr Philipp Von Sahr, President, BMW Group India. The market is about 30,000 cars a year and is rising steadily, Mr Sahr added