|This information flier has been produced jointly by Max New York Life Insurance and Amsure to give you a thorough understanding of the product, and why we believe it to be of utmost quality.The Max Amsure Secure Returns BuilderTM has been designed by Max New York Life Insurance as an innovative product to manage your investments and protection needs through your insurance policy.|
IN THIS POLICY, THE INVESTMENT RISK IN INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO IS BORNE BY THE POLICY HOLDER.
What is a Unit-Linked Insurance Product (ULIP)?
ULIP’s give you the opportunity to combine your insurance and investment needs.
In addition to the above features Max Amsure Secure Returns BuilderTM offers the following unique features:
- A Maturity Guarantee
- Inflation Protection
- Choice of moving money from one fund to another
How does the Max Amsure Secure Returns BuilderTM work?
Our professional advisors will assist you in deciding how much you would like to invest in the four funds offered. Further, based on your risk taking ability, they will also help you decide what portion of your premium you would like to invest in which fund.
Your guaranteed Sum Assured will be equal to 10 times your Annual Premium.
Once your premium has been invested in your funds of choice, units will be purchased for you. A unit represents a proportionate share in the unit-linked fund you have invested in. Each fund declares the value of each unit on every valuation date, which is called the Net Asset Value (or NAV). The value of your units represents the value of your policy, and you can see the value of your policy on any day by multiplying the number of units in each fund by the NAV of units for the respective fund on that day.
These two easy steps can be quickly restated as follows:
- Choose the amount of premium you wish to invest
- Choose the unit linked funds you wish to invest your premiums in.
What are the key benefits of the Max Amsure Secure Returns BuilderTM?
The 4 cornerstones of the Max Amsure Secure Returns BuilderTM are detailed below:
- Investment and Returns: the opportunity to invest your premiums in any of the four funds offered, in a ratio of your choice.
- Guarantee on Protection and on Maturity: a guaranteed Sum Assured (i.e. guaranteed payment in case of your unfortunate death) as well as the opportunity for a maturity guarantee.
- Inflation Protection: the opportunity to neutralize the effects of inflation.
- Flexibility to optimize returns: the flexibility to optimize returns through spreading your premiums over unit linked funds offering different risk-return profiles.
|Investment and Returns|
Max Amsure Secure Returns BuilderTM offers you a choice of four unit-linked funds in which you can allocate your premiums in a ratio of your choice.
The following are the four funds and their objectives:
These funds offer you a range of potentially high-risk-high-returns to potentially low-risk-low-returns. The details of these four funds are:
- Guaranteed Fund - Income: To provide stable return by investing in relatively low risk assets.
- Guaranteed Fund - Dynamic: To provide stable return by investing in assets of relatively low to moderate level of risk.
- Balanced Fund: To provide balanced returns from investing in both fixed income securities (to target stability of returns) as well as in equities (to target growth in capital value of assets).
- Growth Fund: To provide potentially higher returns to unit holders by investing primarily in equities (to target growth in capital value of assets).
|Below is the performance of the unit-linked funds of Max New York Life from Oct 2004 to August 2006.|
Please note that:
- The Growth and Balanced funds indicated in the diagram are the actual funds offered by Max Amsure Secure Returns BuilderTM and these are the historical returns offered by these funds.
- The rates of return have been calculated from 5th October 2004 to 25th August 2006, and show the compounded annual growth rate as percentage per annum.
- The performance data quoted above represents past performance, and does not guarantee future results as investment return will fluctuate with market conditions.
- The Guaranteed Fund- Dynamic and Guaranteed Fund - Income are new funds, and have no historical performance track record.
|Guarantee on Protection and on Maturity|
Max Amsure Secure Returns BuilderTM offers a guaranteed amount on death and a guaranteed amount if you survive to maturity i.e. guaranteed money if you live, and guaranteed money if you don’t.
GUARANTEED ON PROTECTION: Max Amsure Secure Returns BuilderTM offers a guaranteed Death Benefit, which is equal to higher of the Sum Assured or the policy’s Fund Value. The Death Benefit is guaranteed during the tenure of the policy if the policy is in force.
GUARANTEE ON MATURITY: This guarantee in effect states that while you enjoy the benefits of the upside in a booming market, if the markets fall, you have the safety net of the guarantee that even if your fund value is lower than your allocated premiums, your allocated premiums will be guaranteed. The guarantee works as follows:
The Guaranteed Fund - Dynamic and the Guaranteed Fund - Income offer a guarantee on all allocated premiums into these funds. The guarantee is as follows:
- For entry ages up to and including 50 years: 100% of Annual Target Premiums and Top Up premium allocated to the Guaranteed Funds.
- For entry ages more than 50 years: 85% of Annual Target Premium and 100% of Top Up premium allocated to the Guaranteed Funds.
In effect, for policy tenure of:
- 15 years, entry ages up to age 50, 95.87% of your premiums are guaranteed.
- 15 years, for entry ages above age 50, 81.49% of your premiums are guaranteed.
- 20 years, for entry ages up to age 50, 96.15% of your premiums are guaranteed.
- 20 years, for entry ages above age 50, 81.73% of your premiums are guaranteed.
- Only those premiums directed to the Gurananteed Fund - Dynamic and Guranteed Fund - Income are guaranteed.
- Allocated premium is equal to premium less premium allocation charge. Please see the allocation charges under the section titled ‘Premium Allocation Charge’.
Inflation is the increase in prices over time. In other words, your money erodes over time. Rs 100 today, with a 5% inflation rate will only be worth Rs 50 in 14 years time i.e. half of its value today. We realize this and thus offer you the power to beat the effects of inflation.
We do this by offering you a choice of either a LEVEL Sum Assured or an INCREASING Sum Assured.
If you choose a LEVEL Sum Assured, your Sum Assured will remain constant during the entire tenure of your policy.
|If you choose an INCREASING Sum Assured, your Sum Assured as well as your premiums will increase by 5% every year, compounded annually . This means that with the cost of living increasing as time goes by, you provide more money to your loved ones in case of your unfortunate death during the tenure of the policy; alternatively, if you survive to maturity, you still get higher maturity value, effectively providing protection against inflation.|
If you have chosen the increasing Sum Assured option, you could choose to change your Sum Assured to the level option after completing 2 policy years, in which case your Sum Assured and your premiums will be frozen on the date of such change.
We give below an example to explain this: If you pay an Annual Target premium of Rs 50,000/- which gives you a Sum Assured of Rs 500,000/- and invest your premiums equally in our Guaranteed Fund - Dynamic and Guaranteed Fund -Income, the table below shows the illustrative maturity value at assumed rates of return on investment of funds at 6% and 10% p.a. respectively.
Flexibility to optimize returns
Each individual has a different risk taking ability. Basis your risk taking ability, you can choose to invest your premiums between these four funds in a ratio of your choice. This will enable you to optimize the risk-return profile of your investments.
You also have the freedom to move your monies between the two guaranteed funds or between the two non-guaranteed funds. And you can do this tax-free.However, you cannot move your monies between guaranteed funds on one hand and the non-guaranteed funds on the other.
What other Flexibility options do I have?
|Free-look period||If you do not like the plan, you have the freedom to cancel your policy within 15 days of receipt of the policy document.|
|Personal Accident Benefit Rider||You have the option to add a Personal Accident Benefit rider to your policy at inception. This provides a lump-sum amount equal to the rider sum assured (in addition to your Sum Assured under the base policy) if the insured dies as a result of an accident or is involved in an accident, which results in Total and Permanent Disability.|
|Premium Re-direction||This allows you to modify the allocation of annual target premium into an investment pattern different from the existing one you had chosen.|
|Top-up Premiums||If you want to take advantage of an upswing in the markets, you have the option to invest monies through Top-up premiums, in addition to your Annual Target Premium. These premiums will not buy any insurance cover. The maximum cumulative top up premiums must be within 25% of the cumulative paid till date annual target premiums.|
|Partial Withdrawals||If you need money in an emergency, you can make partial withdrawals up to 20% of the fund value of the policy after the 3rd policy year. This is only available on the non-guaranteed Balanced and Growth funds.|
What is the death benefit?
- Till attained age 11, death benefit is defined as Fund Value (FV).
- From attained age 11 onwards, death benefit is Higher of FV or Sum Assured (SA).
What is the maturity benefit?
- On non-guaranteed funds, the maturity value is equal to the Fund Value of the policy. You also have the option of taking this maturity value spread over 5 years after the maturity date, which effectively enables you to extend the term of the policy. However, during this period, the policy will not have any insurance cover.
- On guaranteed funds, the maturity value is as follows:
- If entry age was less than or equal to 50 years: Higher of total combined Fund Value of the two guaranteed funds or 100% of allocated Annual Target Premium plus 100% of allocated Top Up Premium to the two funds over the duration of the contract.
- If entry age was more than 50 years: Higher of total combined Fund Value of the two guaranteed funds or “85% of the allocated Annual Target Premium plus 100% of allocated Top Up Premium” to the two funds over the duration of the contract.
“Allocated Premium ” is defined as Premium Paid less allocation charge.
What are the tax Advantages?
This plan may entitle you to certain tax benefits on your premiums and on your maturity value.
- U/s 80C of the Income Tax Act 1961 on your annual premium on your policy.
- U/s 10 (10D) of the Income Tax Act 1961 on the maturity proceeds of your policy, as well as on the death benefit.
|What are the charges in the policy?|
Premium Allocation Charge: The rate of this charge depends on the policy year to which the premium pertains and the type of premium. It is 20% in year 1 on annual target premium, 3% thereafter for all renewal premium and top up premiums. If increasing Sum Assured is chosen, the premium increases by 5% per annum, compounded annually. In such cases the increased portion of the premium will be charged@ 20% in the year of increase, and balance portion of the premium will be charged@ 3% in that year.
Fund Management Charge: This is levied as a percentage of the value of the assets and shall be appropriated on each valuation date by adjusting the NAV of the fund. It is equal to 1.5% p.a. for Guaranteed Fund - Income, 1.7% p.a. for Guaranteed Fund - Dynamic, 1.10% p.a. for Balanced Fund and 1.25% p.a. for Growth Fund.
Policy Administration Charge: In policy year 1 and 2, a charge @ 0.42% of the Sum Assured will be charged per month and from year 3 to the end of policy term a charge @ 0.07% of the Sum Assured per month , subject to a maximum of Rs100 per month will be charged..
Mortality Charge: This is the cost of life insurance cover, and is levied on the Sum Assured less the Fund value on a monthly basis.
There are some other charges that are recovered only when the specific event occurs viz. Partial Withdrawal charge, Premium redirection charge, Surrender charge and Switching charge.
What are the eligibility conditions?
(as at last birthday)
|Minimum 91 days|
Maximum 60 years
|Maturity Age||Minimum 18 years|
Maximum 75 years
|Policy Tenure||Either 15 years or 20 years|
Note: For entry ages 0 - 2, only 20-year option is available.
Note: For entry ages 56 - 60, only 15-year option is available.
|Minimum - Rs 10,000 per annum|
Maximum - For entry ages up to 40 years: Rs 100,000
Maximum - For entry ages above 40 years: Rs 50,000
|Sum Assured||10 (Ten) times the ATP|
Some terms you need to know:
- Annual Target Premium: Your annual premium.
- Top-Up Premium: The premium you pay in any year in excess of your annual target premium. The maximum cumulative top up can be 25% of cumulative ATP till date, and will not carry any insurance cover.
- Fund Value: This is the total number of units in your policy on any date multiplied by the Net Asset Value (NAV) as on date.
- Partial Withdrawals: Any part of the fund that is withdrawn by the policyholder during the policy tenure.
- Sum Assured: The guaranteed amount of money payable on death of the Life Insured.
- Switch: This facility allows a policyholder to move investments between the funds.
Standard Exception and Exclusions:
- Notwithstanding anything stated to the contrary in the Policy, if the Life Insured under the Policy dies by suicide, whether sane or insane, within in one year from the Effective Date of this Policy, the Policy coverage shall come to an end simultaneously. In such an event, we will only refund the fund value.
- Rider exclusions are as per the rider chosen.
- Unit Linked life insurance products are different from the traditional insurance products and are subject to investment risk.
- The premium aid in Unit Linked Insurance policies are subject to investment risks associated with capital markets and the NAVs of the units may go up or down based on the performance of fund and factors influencing the capital market and the insured is responsible for his/ her decisions.
- Max New York ife Insurance Co. Ltd is only the name of the Insurance Company and "Max Amsure Secure Returns BuilderTM" is only the name of the unit linked life insurance contract and does not in any way indicate the quality of the contract, its future prospects or returns.
- Please know the associated risks and the applicable charges from your corporate agent or the Amsure Insurance Planner or policy document of the insurer.
- The various funds offered under this contract are the names of the funds an do not in any way indicate the quality of these plans, these plans, their future prospects and returns.
- All premiums / benefits payable under the policy are subject to applicable laws and taxes including service tax as they exist from time to time.
- By definition Max Amsure Secure Retruns Builder is a non – participating policy.
- MNYL reserves the right to add, close, combine or alter any Fund.
- All transaction on Units will be on a forward pricing basis. MNYL will determine the date of valuation of assets of funds, the frequency of which shall not be less than once per week.
To Know More you can write me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me at 9904302451.