Editor's Picks(1-4 of 4)
Hair Problems: Symptoms and Cure
- Hair Fall
- Split ends
- Consequences of hair styling
- Hair problems that occur due to an under-lying disease and require immediate medical attention (such as Thyroid diseases, Alopecia areata, Anemia, Tumor of the ovary or adrenal glands, etc.)
Signs and Symptoms of Hair Problems:
It is crucial to know if you have a hair problem because the sooner you know, the sooner the treatment begins. The signs and symptoms of hair problems may vary amongst different people, but generally it may include- thinning hair on the crown of the head, a receding hairline, hair loss in a specific area on the scalp, complete hair loss all over the body, excessive hair loss but not complete baldness, thinning of eyebrows, patches of broken hair, or an unexplained loss of hair on any part of the body.
Hair problems that occur due to childbirth or menopause in women don't require medical attention as such because the hair returns to normal condition within 6 months to 2 years on its own. For hair problems due to illnesses (such as high fever), medicines, radiation therapy, etc., no treatment is required here, either. This is because usually the hair grows back to the normal condition as soon as the therapy/illness is over.
These are some Natural Cures which can control and treat a variety of hair problems and can be practiced at the comfort of your home-
1. First and foremost, a balanced diet full of iron, vitamins and protein may go a long way in curing your hair problems and preventing future problems related to hair and scalp.
2. A daily hair regime is more effective than a one-time treatment. Brush your hair gently every day to remove impurities. Have hot oil massage therapy once a week, preferably with coconut oil, olive oil or sesame oil. Massage helps improve blood circulation to the hair follicles and boosts hair growth!
3. You can use hair masks once a week to provide that extra nutrition to your hair strands. The type of hair masks strictly depends on the type of your hair.
Mix a cup of yogurt and a tablespoon of lime juice. Leave it in your hair for about half an hour and wash your hair. This will help remove the excess oil from your hair and scalp effectively. It will also make your hair shine with vigor and health.
Take two ripe bananas and mash them. Add half cup beaten yogurt to the mashed bananas. Apply the paste to your hair and leave it covered with a shower cap for about half an hour. Wash your hair with a herbal/mild shampoo. Repeat the treatment every week.
DAMAGED HAIR/SPLIT ENDS-
Mash one avocado and add two tablespoons of olive oil. Apply the hair pack on the entire scalp and hair. Keep it for 20 minutes, then rinse off. If your hair is extremely damaged, you can add one egg yolk to the mixture.
The easiest cure for dandruff is using an anti-dandruff shampoo. Alternatively, lemon juice can be applied on the scalp and left for 10-20 minutes before shampooing. A hot oil treatment followed by hot towel therapy can also do wonders. Use vinegar for conditioning your hair instead of the chemical based conditioners.
Use the above discussed tips and cures for strong, long and thick hair. Consult your doctor to know the reason behind your hair problems and treat the underlying disease, if any. Remember, treating the cause of your hair problem will automatically cure your hair problem!
Hair is indeed one of the best gifts by God and so you must always take good care of them.