Editor's Picks(1-4 of 12)
Career opportunities across major sectors in Chennai
Chennai's economy has a broad industrial base across various sectors such as automobile, computer, technology, hardware manufacturing, engineering, etc. The city is India's second largest exporter of information technology (IT) and business process outsourcing (BPO) services. A major portion of India's automobile manufacturing industry (about 30 per cent) is based in and around the city with the presence of various auto majors such as Ashok Leyland, Hyundai, Ford, Mitsubishi, TVS motors, etc. Further, major banking companies, insurance companies, healthcare companies and premier educational institutions are also creating tremendous growth. All these factors cause large number of people to migrate to Chennai every year in pursuit of high paying jobs.
According to Forbes magazine, Chennai is one of the fastest growing cities in the world and the only Indian city to be rated in the "Forbes-Top 10 Fastest Growing Cities in the World". It is ranked 4th in hosting the maximum number of Fortune 500 companies of India, next only to Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata.
With the increasing career opportunities, a large number of placement consultants in Chennai have come up to cater to the needs of both employer and job seekers. They have made the job search easy by providing the right job to the right candidate. Now, one can go for the most suitable job by approaching any of the leading placement agencies in Chennai.
Some of the major job sectors offering job opportunities in Chennai are:
- Management: Management jobs in Chennai are in abundance. Chennai being home to a wide number of management institutes, industries, etc. provide immense scope for MBA graduates. With the availability of various job consultants in Chennai, one can apply for various management jobs according to their qualification
- Engineering: Engineers serve as the backbone of Chennai’s industry. As Chennai is the hub of engineering industry, computer software and hardware engineering jobs, systems engineering jobs, computer design engineering jobs etc. are growing at large. Part time jobs are also available in manufacturing units in Chennai where circuit boards and cellular phone handsets are manufactured
- Search Engine Marketing: SEM is a good source of earning in today’s competitive scenario. There are various jobs available in various companies in this sector such as web marketer, social media marketer and search engine optimisation (SEO) consultants. Further, placement consultants in Chennai also help jobseekers in getting job in this sector
- Media: With the media making its presence in almost every corner of the world, there is a need for qualified talent to take the media and journalism industry to next level. Media and journalism, as a career option, has gained huge popularity among young generations nowadays
- Information Technology: Numerous IT companies such as HCL, Dell, Wipro, TCS, Satyam, Infosys and Cognizant have established their offices in Chennai extending jobs to the people interested in these fields. The Tidal Park is known to be the second largest IT Park in the country, is also situated in Chennai, and therefore provides various IT jobs in the city
Candidates should be very careful while selecting any placement consultant in Chennai. It is very important to select the best recruitment services, which satisfies one’s needs and requirements.